Before going on my trip to Uni-Mart, I made a list of things I was going to try to find there. I am also giving this list to the person who takes my tour. The things the list asks for a purposefully vague, so that they will be interpreted differently for each person. Here is the list, and the things that I found:
- Something that represents you or your personality: This roll of Hubba Bubba tape represents me, because I’m both “awesome” and “original.” I am also “6 feet of fun,” just like this gum.
- Something that you wouldn’t expect to find in a convenience store: Henna! I’ve never seen this sold in a convenience store before, but I’m very glad they have it here because the henna at the school bookstore is ridiculously overpriced.
- Something you used as a kid: Crunchy cheetos! I used to eat 4 or 5 of the mini bags of these everyday.
- Something that you don’t know what it is for: Power Steering Fluid: “Mixes with other fluids.” What is this?? Is it powerful? How does it steer? Does it do anything beside just mix with other liquids?
- A good bargain: Grandma’s Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookie — only 99 cents!
- Something that would make a good gift for someone: They actually sell whole kits of Bath and Body Works products all wrapped up nicely together in a cute little bag!
- Something that you wish you had: Raspberry scented Renuzit air freshener. I ended up buying it.
For the person taking my tour, along with giving them this list of things to find, I also am giving them a map of Uni-Mart to help guide them through the store.